Obagi Skin Care
Obagi skin care is a prescription-strength, physician-dispensed topical skin care system providing general improvements to skin health and appearance. It is a range of specialised products that brighten, lighten, protect and correct a range of skin concerns such as sun-damage, thickened skin, acne scarring, rosacea, age spots and hyper pigmentation.
Although there are several other prescription-strength products available that contain similar components, it is our opinion that the Obagi range is unique in providing a portfolio of effective, high quality products that supplement and interact well with each other.
Obagi works well in conjunction with other skin therapies and provides the opportunity for creating completely personalised skin care regimes. Furthermore, the products are all clinically proven and well documented for efficacy and safety.
A powerful tool for both skin restoration and maintenance, Obagi products require initial diagnosis and prescription by a skin specialist with follow-up evaluations to fine tune treatments.
The Obagi product range
● Obagi Nu-Derm System: Obagi Nu-Derm contains hydroquinone and tretinoin (Retin-A), for correction of common age-related problems such as photo-damage, age spots, pigmentation, rough skin, lines and wrinkles.
● Obagi-C Rx system: Obagi-C Rx contains hydroquinone and a topical antioxidant (Vitamin C), suited for the treatment of pigmentation and age spots. The system lightens and brightens skin to achieve more even tones.
● Obagi Professional-C Serums: Obagi professional strength topical antioxidant (vitamin C) for maximal antioxidant protection.
● Obagi ELASTIderm System: ELASTIderm Eye Products restore skin elasticity, build collagen and reduce fine lines around the eyes. The ELASTIderm Décolletage System treats pigmentation and sun-damaged skin on the neck and chest.
● Obagi CLENZIderm System: Obagi CLENZIderm cleanses oily skin and treats acne.
● Obagi Rosaclear System: Obagi Rosaclear treats rosacea, redness and inflammatory papules.
Dr Jasmina Masser has extensive experience with the Obagi skin care range, having used the various treatment protocols for more than 10 years.
Dr Masser routinely prepares the skin with Obagi products in order to optimise results of laser treatments, Dermaroller and skin peels. Obagi products may also be indicated for facial surgery patients to improve healing and skin health.
Candidates for Obagi treatment
Depending on the nature of the concern and the degree of treatment required, Obagi products can be used by men and woman of all ages. Treatments are always adjusted towards individual skin types (oily or dry skin), equally suited for fair and dark skinned individuals (including Asian, Middle-Eastern and African skin types).
Obagi Nu-Derm System
Obagi Nu-Derm is a complete system to counteract concerns related to ageing skin. It is one of the most effective topically applied medical skin care systems for customised rejuvenation of skin in the face, neck and décolletage.
Obagi Professional C Serum
Obagi professional strength topical antioxidant (5 - 20%), provides treatment of pigmentation and age spots, lightens and brightens skin to achieve more even tones.